With the teams finalized, we can get into the biggest golf event of the Fall – with our 2021 Ryder Cup betting preview.
Ryder Cup Picks and Preview
Opening golf betting odds have the American side as the favourite to win the 2021 Ryder Cup. We will give our prediction on the event and follow it up with the complete roster for both teams (including captains) and details on the course.
|To Win the Ryder Cup||To Win the Ryder Cup|
Who Will Win the 2021 Ryder Cup?
With both rosters set, we can make a confident prediction on who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup. Going over both teams – despite their failures at the tournament (2-7 overall since 2002) – we like the American roster to pick up a win on home soil against the Europeans.
American Rookies Key for Team Success in 2021
A year ago, some of these guys would not have made the Ryder Cup roster. However, with the postponement of the event from 2020 to 2021, a string of young Americans has played the best golf on the Tour and are automatically qualified for the event.
The three rookies we are most impressed with on the US team are Collin Morikawa, Patrick Cantlay, and Xander Schauffele.
Collin Morikawa is a two-time Majors Champion, winning the 2020 PGA Championship and the 2021 Open Championship. He ranked consistently in the top-10 last season in stats such as Strokes Gained. Morikawa enters the event as the third-ranked golfer in the world.
Patrick Cantlay joins the team coming off winning the FedEx Cup Playoffs and was just voted PGA Player of the Year. The 29-year-old has four wins on the PGA Tour dating back to October 2020. That gives him the most wins on the PGA Tour last season.
— Xander Schauffele (@XSchauffele) September 1, 2021
Xander Schauffele – while not able to win an event last season (although he won the 2021 Olympic Gold Medal) – tied for sixth with eight finishes in the top ten. He finished fifth in the standings this season – and like Morikawa was one of the top golfers in strokes gained this season.
Veterans on the US Team Have Success at the Ryder Cup
The veterans on the American side are quite accomplished players. They are also not to blame for the American shortcomings at the event in recent history (generally speaking). Dustin Johnson has been a member of the team four times and is 7-9 at the Ryder Cup. Bryson DeChambeau is 0-3 in his lone appearance at the 2018 Ryder Cup. The rest of the guys all have winning records.
— Dustin Johnson (@DJohnsonPGA) August 18, 2021
Brooks Koepka, who is 4-3-1 at the Ryder Cup may not have a chance to play this year due to a wrist injury. If cannot go, the Americans have a few options to replace him, including Patrick Reed. Reed is 7-3-2 at the Ryder Cup and was arguably the most important player on the team during their win in 2016.
The backup plan gives us more faith in the Americans to win, even if they must replace one of their best players. Take the Americans to win the 2021 Ryder Cup.
Course and Event Details
- Dates: September 24 to 26
- Course: Whistling Straits in Haven, Wisconsin
- Course Length: 7,790 yards
- Course Rating: 77.3
- Slope Rating: 152
- Par: 72
- Hosted the PGA Championship three times (2004, 2010, and 2015)
On the shores of Lake Michigan, a vision emerged.
Now, with just 14 days to go, Whistling Straits awaits. pic.twitter.com/Dmv4bIAOAt
— Ryder Cup (@rydercup) September 7, 2021
United States Roster
- Steve Stricker – Captain
- Phil Mickelson -Vice captain
- Fred Couples – Vice captain
- Jim Furyk – Vice captain
- Zach Johnson – Vice captain
- Davis Love III – Vice captain
- Collin Morikawa – Automatic qualifier
- Dustin Johnson – Automatic qualifier
- Bryson DeChambeau – Automatic qualifier
- Brooks Koepka – Automatic qualifier
- Justin Thomas – Automatic qualifier
- Patrick Cantlay – Automatic qualifier
- Daniel Berger – Captain pick
- Harris English – Captain pick
- Tony Finau – Captain pick
- Xander Schauffele – Captain pick
- Scottie Scheffler – Captain pick
- Jordan Spieth – Captain pick
- Padraig Harrington – Captain
- Martin Kaymer – Vice captain
- Graeme McDowell – Vice captain
- Luke Donald – Vice captain
- Robert Karlsson – Vice captain
- Jon Rahm – Automatic qualifier
- Rory McIlory – Automatic qualifier
- Viktor Hovland – Automatic qualifier
- Paul Casey – Automatic qualifier
- Tommy Fleetwood – Automatic qualifier
- Tyrell Hatton – Automatic qualifier
- Lee Westwood – Automatic qualifier
- Bernd Wiesberger – Automatic qualifier
- Matt Fitzpatrick – Automatic qualifier
- Sergio Garcia – Captain pick
- Shane Lowry – Captain pick
- Ian Poulter – Captain pick
Best Online Sportsbook to Bet on the Ryder Cup
Find the top sportsbooks to bet on the 2021 Ryder Cup below. From futures on who will win the event, plus golf props opening once pairings are announced – they are the best spots to wager on golf. Sign up through the links underneath to receive an exclusive welcome bonus!