It finally happened! After 40 games of average baskebtall (that’s nearly half a season), the Cleveland Cavaliers have dropped from the top of the 2015 NBA Title futures.
Who is the new favorite? If you’ve been paying any attention to the NBA season, you already know: the Golden State Warriors.
The Warriors are 31-5 on the year (easily the best record in the NBA) and have lost just one game at home. They’re poised to take top spot in the tough Western Conference and earn home-court advantage throughout the playoffs. (Did I mention that they lost just one game at home?)
What makes their season all the more impressive? The fact that they have suffered injuries to key big men David Lee and Andrew Bogut, yet continued to play well defensively.
But there is one team that is even hotter than the Warriors right now: the Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks haven’t cracked the top-five in the odds, but Mike Budenholzer’s squad has won ten straight and is now on top of the Eastern Conference.
Atlanta hasn’t just been beating up on basement-dwellers, either. Their current streak includes wins over Western Conference powers Memphis, Portland, and Los Angeles (Clippers), along with division foe Washington. Jeff Teague and company are proving to be the real thing out East.
Other teams making noticeable jumps this week include Detroit, Chicago, and Dallas, while the San Antonio and Memphis join Cleveland in dropping.
Below, you can find the updated odds for all 30 teams, plus the odds from last time (in parentheses).
Updated NBA Title Odds:
- Golden State Warriors: 4/1 (up from 9/2)
- Chicago Bulls: 5/1 (up from 8/1)
- Cleveland Cavaliers: 6/1 (down from 3/1)
- San Antonio Spurs: 6/1 (down from 9/2)
- Dallas Mavericks: 9/1 (up from 14/1)
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 9/1 (up from 10/1)
- Los Angeles Clippers: 13/1 (no movement)
- Memphis Grizzlies: 15/1 (down from 11/1)
- Atlanta Hawks: 16/1 (up from 50/1)
- Toronto Raptors: 16/1 (up from 20/1)
- Portland Trail Blazers: 18/1 (up from 25/1)
- Houston Rockets: 20/1 (no movement)
- Washington Wizards: 25/1 (down from 22/1)
- Phoenix Suns: 60/1 (up from 75/1)
- New Orleans Pelicans: 75/1 (down from 60/1)
- Miami Heat: 80/1 (down from 70/1)
- Brooklyn Nets: 125/1 (down from 90/1)
- Milwaukee Bucks: 125/1 (up from 300/1)
- Sacramento Kings: 200/1 (down from 110/1)
- Detroit Pistons: 250-1 (up from 1000/1)
- Charlotte Hornets: 250/1 (no movement)
- Indiana Pacers: 300/1 (no movement)
- Denver Nuggets: 300/1 (down from 150/1)
- Boston Celtics: 400/1 (no movement)
- Los Angeles Lakers: 400/1 (down from 300/1)
- Orlando Magic: 500/1 (up from 750/1)
- Utah Jazz: 500/1 (no movement)
- New York Knicks: 750/1 (down from 200/1)
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 2500/1 (down from 800/1)
- Philadelphia 76ers: 5000/1 (no movement)
(Photo credit: JoeJohnson2 (NBA_Trophy.png) [CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons. Photo has been cropped from its original.)