- Wide variety of promotions.
- Easy depositing.
- Good deposit bonuses.
Notes from the Editor
In order to be Michael Jordan or Tom Brady, you need to be blessed with incredible talent and work ethic. However, for most elite athletes, they have either the natural gift, or an incredible desire and competitive edge. Since no website is born with the tools to be better than another, you score a lot of points for effort. BetOnline works hard. They constantly improve bonuses, promotions, and infrastructure so that clients get a great product. It is nice to know that while you spend time handicapping and betting, your sportsbook is also working to improve performance.
- Signup bonus: 50% up to $2500.
- Bonus code: MTS2500
- Reload bonus: 25% Free Play.
- Refer-a-friend: $100 per friend after their first deposit.
- Casino: 25% on each reload of $25+.
You can find 100-percent bonuses elsewhere, but generally the cap on those promotions are small. At BetOnline a 50-percent welcome bonus up to a whopping $2,500 is available. Use promo code: MTS2500 on your first deposit. Note that this comes with a reload requirement of 10X.
A lot of books stop at sign-up bonuses with small re-load offerings, not BetOnline. They have free plays, offers for trying live betting and mobile wagering, refer-a-friend perks, and there are a whole suite of other options if you are into casino gaming.
- Minimum deposit: $10
- Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Ethereum, American Express, Moneygram, Western Union, Diners Club, Skrill, Bank Wire, Check, Discover Card
- Supported currencies: USD, BTC
Nobody offers more ways to start than BetOnline. While $50 minimum deposits are in place for most options, you can start with $10 using Skrill or Neteller, and $20 if you opt for Bitcoin. They take more credit cards, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover, than anybody. However you want to deposit, the option seems present. BetOnline recently expanded their cryptocurrency support by adding Ethereum to their list of payment options, one of the first sportsbooks to do so.
The Achilles heel of BetOnline for years has been payouts. They are reliable, and quick depending on method, but they still do not offer any fee free service. This is a real pet peeve, for a site that does an awful lot right, why do customers need to be dinged at least $20 in order get their cash?
- Service hours: 24/7
- Contact number: 1-888-426-3661
- Live chat: Yes
- Languages: English & Spanish
If you are going to be a company that is known for effort, customer service has to be on point. BetOnline has all day support available via phone, and separate email addresses for poker, casino, skill game, and general questions. They are helpful and quick to respond. You can connect with them via social media too. In fact, their Sportsbook Manager Dave Mason, @davemasonbol, is a great twitter follow for those interested in how bets are coming in and why lines are moving.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features: They have a racebook, like many sites do, but seem to take more care in it than others. Their racing blog is updated frequently and keeps novice fans interested and up-to-date on what is coming up with the ponies. Their horse matchup bets are something very few sites feature outside of marque races. The lowest amount you can bet on races is $1, which is a bummer for those playing complicated Pick 5 and Pick 6 tickets. It also puts into play their winning caps on super exotic bets. The poker room is modern, available for MAC or PC users, and includes a lot of different promotions. There are not a huge number of different slots at the casino, but the selection is good, and live table games are a very nice feature.
The BetOnline sportsbook is good or very good for most everything, and exceptional when it comes to baseball. Their longstanding dime lines on baseball up to -199 is the best offerings at any sportsbook on the web. Simply put, every day you pay less juice for baseball, and it is the sport that has the longest season. If you have even a passing interest in the Boys of Summer, you should have an account at the site just to play baseball. In terms of everything else, they’ve always done a nice job covering a large spectrum of events. They’ll take a less than marquee horse race on a given day, and give you match-up odds on which of two horses will finish ahead of the other. They also have a good selection of future options on a variety of sports and have been known to update season over/unders throughout the year.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: A tad outdated but still clean & simple to use.
- Mobile betting: Again, pretty outdated but mobile version of site is optimized very well.
UI is just a little outdated yet still very user-friendly. Similarly, the mobile site has slightly older layout but optimization is done well and it’s simple and straightforward to understand.
- Location: Antigua & Barbuda
- Established year: 2001
*All bonus offers have different Terms & Conditions. Visit the operator’s web site for full details.