- One of the most trustworthy sites.
- Huge selection, especially for football.
- Great customer service.
Notes from the Editor
Ladbrokes has been around for more than a century and is steeped in tradition. It’s the sportsbook equivalent of the Royal Ascot racetrack: it’s high quality and it rarely changes. But you don’t have to be a member of British royalty to wager at Ladbrokes; the site is happy to take bettors from all walks of life. And, whatever your lineage, you’ll want to give it a look, as it’s one of the most trusted names in the business.
- Sign-up bonus: Matched first bet up to £50
- Reload bonus: None
- Refer-a-friend: None
- Casino: 100% up to £500
A trip to Royal Ascot can be expensive. There aren’t a lot of discounts available. Some sportsbooks offer you the moon in order to get you to sign up because it’s the only way to acquire new customers. Ladbrokes need not race to the bottom. As an established and trusted name, it will attract bettors regardless of promotions. As such, their primary signup bonus – a £50 free bet if you deposit £50 or more to begin your account – is mediocre. But once on board, they offer several helpful coupons that can improve your odds or offer discounts on certain wagers. Perhaps the best of the bunch is on five-fold accumulators: you can get your money back (up to £25) if you hit four of five. New Customers Only. 18+. T&Cs Apply.
- Minimum deposit: £10
- Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Bank Wire, Neteller, Instradebit, Moneybookers, Ukash, Paypal, Bank transfer, Western Union & ClickandBuy
- Supported currencies: GBP, CAD, USD, EUR, AUS, DKK, HKD, JPY, NZD, NOK, SGD, ZAR, SEK, CHF, THB, MYR, and PLN
As they should be, deposits are simple and speedy at Ladbrokes. The minimum deposit via debit card, credit card, or Ukash is just £5. For £10, you can get going with Paypal, Neteller, bank transfer, or Skrill.
While bank transfers take a little more time to get processed, everything else is seamless. You can sign-up, deposit, and start betting in as little as five or ten minutes. There are no real holdups.
One of the advantages of playing at a site that is established is that you know you’ll get paid. There are no games or small-print to worry about. The easiest way to get your money out is usually the method you used to deposit.
You can take out as little as £5 or £10, depending on your preferred banking option, and you can have your money within a day by using Skrill, Paypal, or Neteller. Credit cards take a few days. There is no fee for retrieving your money, and you can always visit one of their shops to deal with deposits or withdrawals in person.
- Service hours: 24/7
- Live chat: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Greek, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Chinese, Portuguese, Finnish, Norwegian, Thai, Croatian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Romanian, Hungarian, Czech, Russian & Bulgarian
One of the charms of a weekend at Ascot is the way you are treated. It is high-class all the way, and you are catered to as a valued patron. Ladbrokes hasn’t been around for 100-plus years because they jerk customers around. Customer support is offered in 20 different languages, and they are professional and courteous. Generally, calls are answered quickly and efficiently. The online chat support had some issues several years ago, but seems to work pretty well now. For the most part, Ladbrokes seems eager to address issues that come up.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features: Ladbrokes has perfectly satisfactory poker, casino, and bingo options. If you are interested in that sort of gaming, they will provide an experience that is fun and competitive. But the best additional feature is the horse racing menu, which features an enormous selection and lets you bet on races from all over the world. You’ll have the option of betting traditionally, in an exchange, or during the action, and the odds are fair. For horseplayers, Ladbrokes does such an incredible volume, and the exchange is so busy, that there is no reason not to have an account and, at very least, shop around.
As much as side dishes help make a meal great, it’s the meat and potatoes that count. Ladbrokes does the main course correctly. They have one of the best selections of sports, and a variety of bets within those sports, especially football. Their in-game wagering options are also vast.
You can make wagers as small as £1, and they have several incentives available, mainly if you bet frequently. Banker’s coupons are offered for football matches with heavy chalk; goal coupons can kick back a few pounds when matches end with specific results, and they have coupons for some events where you choose the exact outcome of the game.
As for odds, Ladbrokes is competitive. Like with the modest sign-up bonus, they know they do not need to have hugely discounted lines to attract bettors. But they don’t squeeze you either.
The site itself runs smoothly and is easy to navigate. This is crucial for the numerous in-game betting options, as the software is quick enough to keep up. Whether you are on a computer, tablet, or mobile device, Ladbrokes’ live-betting platform is among the best on the market, and they do everything to make sure it is available, no matter what event you’re interested in.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: UI is clear and straightforward, solid as is their reputation.
- Mobile betting: Both mobile site and apps are very similar in their great appearance and functionality.
Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s antiquated.
Ladbrokes has kept up with the times and is also fully mobile-friendly. The sportsbook, the poker room, and all the casino games can be accessed directly from your smartphone. They have apps you can download, as well, which some bettors might prefer. But it’s not necessary. The browser on your phone will work just fine.
- Location: Gibraltar 1
- Established year: 1886
*All bonus offers have different Terms & Conditions. Visit the operator’s web site for full details.