- Best mobile betting, hands down.
- Best customer service in the industry.
- Fast payouts.
Notes from the Editor
Five years ago, I’d say they were really spreading themselves thin with their record label (Bodog Music) and MMA franchise (Bodog Fight) to the point that their flagship sportsbook started to suffer.Bodog is probably one of the largest and most well known sportsbooks on the planet, thanks in no small part to Calvin Ayre.
Thankfully, they’ve since left all that behind and the sportsbook is on its way back to it’s former glory.. Renamed, rebranded, and reborn as Bovada.
- Sportsbook signup bonus: 50% up to $250.
- Bitcoin sports signup bonus: 50% up to $500
- Reload bonus: None.
- Refer-a-friend: 200% of friend’s first deposit up to $100.
- Casino signup bonus: 100% match bonus up to $1,000 (Redeemable 3X)
- Bitcoin casino signup bonus: 150% match bonus up to $1,500 (Redeemable 3X)
Bovada trades a lot more on its reputation than other books. Until recently, their small bonus reflected this. They have stepped up their game lately. Each bonus comes with its own rollover requirement. Bovada’s sportsbook starting bonus requires that you bet 5X the amount of the initial deposit and bonus amount.
- Minimum deposit: $20
- Payment options: Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Check, Bank Wire, Visa Debit & Gift Card
- Supported currencies: USD, BTC
Bovada keeps deposits simple with only two deposit options — credit cards and bitcoin. You don’t need a lot of options, just reliable ones. As long as my credit card works and I’m happy to report that I’ve never had an issue.
A few years ago, Bodog was plagued by probably what was the worst payout rate in the industry — long delays and lack of payouts really helped to kill their reputation with online gamblers, including yours truly. As Bovada, I have no issues whatsoever.
The company did a lot of work to get rid of their slow (or no) pay reputation. In the last 2 years, I haven’t had any issues getting my couriered checks when I’ve requested a payout, and they come quick. They were also one of the first sportsbooks to offer pay directly to your bitcoin wallet which is convenient if you have that set up (you should).
- Service hours: 24/7
- Contact number: 1-888-263-0000
- Live chat: No
- Languages: English, Spanish & Portuguese
When it comes to customer service, Bovada absolutely shines. I’ve never had a problem getting a hold of an account rep at any hour of the day thanks to their top notch 24/7 customer service. I’ve never had to wait for anybody to answer the phone or been left on hold for more than a minute, and my emails are usually answered within minutes.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features: In additon to the sportsbook, Bovada also has a solid Racebook and a huge Casino. Personally, I spend a decent amount in their Casino. It is one of the most advanced casinos offered by an online sportsbook. Their poker room is no longer on the site.Their Racebook covers primarily North America tracks, so international horse bettors will be out of luck with Bovada. I don’t bet those so this doesn’t matter to me.
Bovada covers all the major sports, offering bettors straight bets, parlays, teasers, if bets, futures, and props on pretty much any sport you want to bet on.
While some people say they cater more to new or average bettors, I find their lines to be decent — you can find a good deal if you’re betting early.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: One of the finest UIs I’ve found.
- Mobile betting: Again, top of the game in terms of mobile betting.
UI is one of the best available today, very clear and easy to use. While there is no iOS or Android app, the mobile optimized site is without doubt the best mobile betting platform around.
- Location: Kahnawake, Canada
- Established year: 2011