Legal Sports Betting In South Carolina
50% up to $1,000
100% up to $1,000
125% Sports Bonus - up to $2,500
50% up to $1,000
50% up to $1,000
Sports betting is not regulated in South Carolina, but online sports betting is still available to citizens through various offshore bookmakers. In fact, it is one of the most anti-gambling states in the entire country.
|Sports Betting Law Passed||No ❌|
|Minimum Gambling Age||18|
|Online Sports Betting||Yes ✔️|
|Retail Sports Betting||No ❌|
|Retail Casinos||No ❌|
It does not look like the state will be handing out licenses for sportsbooks within its jurisdiction. This is not all bad news for bettors in South Carolina. The regulatory standards for the sports betting landscape across the country is a markedly more open atmosphere.
Top 5 South Carolina Sportsbooks
We take a close look at dozens of sportsbooks that are available in South Carolina. There are many South Carolina sports betting sites, but we only recommend the best. Here are our top five online sportsbooks in South Carolina.
South Carolina Sports Betting – Recent Updates
- October 17, 2022 – There is still hope that the SC sports betting bill will gain some traction, though there are little signs of change.
- August 28, 2022 – SC retail sports bettors have come out to say that the lack of movement towards legalisation is not representative of the people.
- August 12, 2022 – There are hopes the bill will make it to the national level, as states across the country look to push amendment bills for sports betting.
- July 24, 2022 – Efforts to legalise sports betting for 2022 seem to show little promise, though lobbyists will rally together and push again in 2023.
- July 3, 2022 – After an initial burst of momentum, South Carolina’s sports betting hopes for 2022 fizzled out without so much of a whimper.
- June 16, 2022 – South Carolina legislators return to session, opening up the possibility to take up HB 5277.¡
Four Reasons to Bet on These South Carolina Online Betting Sites
When we make our recommendations, we take lots of different criteria into account. Here are four of the most important reasons to bet on these South Carolina sports betting sites.
Casinos in South Carolina
There are only four casinos in South Carolina. Here is the complete list:
- Big M Casino Ship
- Carnival Ecstasy
- Carnival Sunshine
- Big M Casino Ship 2
South Carolina Sports Betting Timeline
Things have moved slowly regarding South Carolina sports betting over the years. But, with a vision for the future, there are many lobbyists and elected government officials that are hoping to push sports betting into the mainstream in the coming years.
In order to keep up-to-date with the progress of legalisation in the state, we’ve put together some key articles from the last couple of years. Here is a summary of the history of South Carolina sports betting laws.
March – COVID has slowed down any progress with the bill
While there are many lobbyists in the state that are hoping that we’ll see some change in 2021, the lack of movement from elected officials means it’s unlikely that things will move forward. On top of that, we have endured a few years of COVID and this has also slowed things down considerably according to the Democratic candidate.
December – House and Senate hope to push HJR 3409 and SJR 57
The House and the Senate entered into a joint effort that would have legalized many sorts of gambling. Casinos and sports betting would have been legalized under this framework.
HJR 3409 and SJR 57 would even have amended South Carolina’s Constitution. However, the bills both died in their very first readings in committee.
Another resolution would have simply called for the creation of a committee to study the effects of sports betting. This also did not happen.