Legal Sports Betting in Connecticut
Sports betting is legal and available in the state of Connecticut. Even though offshore sportsbooks have been freely operating in the state for years, online sportsbooks based in the state have only been taking bets since October 2021. Check out legal sports betting news for the entire USA.
Here we will show you the best places to make the best sports bets in Connecticut and the details of how Connecticut was able to achieve this!
|Sportsbook||Available in Connecticut|
Connecticut Sports Betting – Recent Updates
- April 28, 2022: Neighboring state Massachussettes moves closer to legalizing sports betting. The Senate today passed sports betting legislation. However it does not match the House version. For new, Mass. bettors willc continue to travel to CT.
- April 18, 2022: Connercticut announced a total of more than $1 million in tax revenue just in the month of March. Connecticut’s three mobile sportsbooks earned $6.7 million in revenue during March.
- March 2, 2022: FanDuel’s license to offer Fantasy Sports betting lapsed, and they will not offer this again until the NFL season.
- February 16, 2022: The three online sports betting sites in CT continued to bring in more revenue in January, despite the opening up of betting in neighboring state NY. They brought in $11.2 million in revenue.
Top 5 Connecticut Online Betting Sites
You can easily make sports wagers online in Connecticut. Connecticut sports gambling is legal for both local and offshore sportsbooks. Even though Connecticut-based online sportsbooks are now available, three in total, we still find the offshore sportsbooks to be the best.
Here are the top five CT online betting sites that we recommend. More on why below.
Bovada is often on the top of our lists. They are probably the most trusted sportsbook online in Connecticut. They also have some of the most extensive betting markets. If you can find the bet anywhere, you can find it here.
BetUS has really picked up its game! They process withdrawals and payments lightn ing fast and accept a wide variety of payment options. CT bettors looking for convenience will be at home with BetUS.
XBet will have great sports betting markets. They will not disappoint in this regard, as they include moneylines, spreads, totals, abnd especially lots of player and team props.
Five Reasons to Bet on These Sports Betting Sites in Connecticut
Casinos in Connecticut
There are only two casinos in Connecticut. You can enjoying online gambling in Connecticut at the spoirtsbooks we recommend above. But if you prefer the live version, here are your in-state options:
- Mohegan Sun Casino & Hotel of Uncasville
- Foxwoods Resort & Casino of Mashantucket.
Connecticut Sports Betting Timeline
Connecticut took a few years to finally legalize online sports betting, but they finally did so in 2021. Here are some of the key events that got us there!
The Mashantucket Pequot and Mohegan tribes finally reached an agreement with the Connecticut government. The Governor, New Lamont, signed a gaming agreement with them and the legislature ratified this agreement in due time.
Following standard procedure, the federal government approved the agreements, allowing the first retail sportsbook to open on September 30. All three sports betting apps would be live in Octobr.
Despite some concrete efforts, two sports betting bills failed to gain traction.
H5168 and S 21 both would have opened up tribal gaming. Though they differed in terms of off-track betting and online sports betting. Neither of them would become law by the end of 2020.
An exploratory hearing on sports betting was held in March. Lawyers form major sports leagues lobbied for their interest, giving the idea that the opening up of sports betting is somewhat inevitable.
Foxwoods Resort Casino comes out officially in favor of sports betting legalization.
The Supreme Court opens up the possibility for states to legalize sports betting by striking down PASPA in the decision Murpy v National Collegiate Athletic Association.