In this article, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about betting sports in Nevada from an app. Not just the local NV sports teams like the Raiders or the Vegas Golden Knights, but all betting. Since the state is so popular for gambling in the US, there’s an overwhelming amount of apps available — but only a select few are worth your time and money. Stick with us as we explain who fits that category.
Nevada Sports Betting Apps
Sports betting has long been legal in Nevada, but that doesn’t mean just any app works within state borders. You might be surprised to find out many online-based betting apps are banned in Nevada. This is because the local casinos — think Aria or Circa or Wynn Sports or Westgate — have lobbied to keep online-based bookies out.
There’s a rule that says state of Nevada bettors must register in-person to bet online. For bookies like FanDuel and DraftKings, that means they’re effectively banned in Nevada since they don’t operate physical casinos — only online apps. However, operators like BetMGM and Caesars Palace are allowed since they have legit casinos in Sin City. Sneaky rule, eh?
Here’s a way to avoid this whole mess though: just use an offshore sports betting site to gamble online. Since these states operate in foreign countries, and not in Nevada, they don’t have to play by the same rules as DraftKings or FanDuel. For you, that means a frictionless betting experience without having to worry about what’s legal sports betting wise and what’s not.
While there’s a plethora of offshore sports betting apps out there, these next five are the best of the bunch. Allow us to explain why they’re the top options for Nevada app betting:
The Bovada app is one of the most trusted names in the online betting space. A reputation like that can’t be forged, it has to be earned. Bovada has earned it since 2011 when the internet betting space was seedy and filled with fraudsters. That’s less of a problem now and it’s because of reputable sites like Bovada leading the way.
For a no-frills betting app, Bovada really gets the job done. You’ll find odds for just about every sport there is out there and it’s packed in an easy-to-use site. Some users may even say the site looks and feels “boring.” They aren’t necessarily wrong, but it’s Bovada’s simplicity that’s kept this site going for 13 years now. It’s the same simplicity that means errors on-site are minimal. So you have to take the good with the bad, we suppose.
✅Full assortment of sports betting options (different sports, leagues, countries)
✅Trustworthy and safe to use
❌Welcome bonus bets are less lucrative than most sports betting market
❌Dated user interface and feel
BetOnline’s app has marketed its way to atop the industry — and we mean that positively. You might’ve seen the site endorse some of the biggest fighters in the world, names like Floyd Mayweather and Colby Covington. You can only land deals like that if you’re a legit bookmaker with a huge user base, and BetOnline certainly checks that box.
Bettors flock to BetOnline for several reasons. First, they are known to splash new users with free-play bonuses. Two, even once the free money runs out, BetOnline is a good enough user experience that bettors stick around. Three, BetOnline treats its users right with speedy payouts. That’s pretty much the trifecta of creating sticky users right there. As a bettor, you’d be smart to pick an app that offers those exact features.
✅Easy and fast transfers of money in and out of the site
✅Deep sports betting menu
❌No loyalty program
❌Dull design compared to modern competitors
For bettors who want an app that’s going to pay them the most free play possible, then the BetUS app should be your first stop. Not only does BetUS offer the biggest free-play bonuses in the offshore betting space, but perhaps in the whole industry. Seriously, not even regulated bookies like DraftKings or BetMGM Nevada can come close to what BetUS offers in terms of dollar value. Not close whatsoever!
When maxed out, a simple sign-up bonus at BetUS could be worth as much as $3125 in free play. You’d be lucky to get $1000 at many competitors, but here we have BetUS more than 3Xing that. But there’s even bigger bonuses than that. We mean, the refer-a-friend bonus can run up to $6000 in free play. This type of free money is simply unheard of outside of BetUS.
✅Most lucrative promotional bonus bets of all bookmakers
✅Vast sports wagering menu
✅Great parlays and teaser betting experience
❌14-day expiration period on bonuses
❌Live betting feature can be janky at times
If visiting the state of Nevada, chances are you’re going to be on the go. A casino to go to, a club to go to after, maybe a bar before that — you get the drift. If this is the case, then you’ll need a sports betting app that’s tailor-made for mobile use (on both Android and iOS mobile device). That’s the XBet app to a tee.
See, XBet makes mobile sports betting seamless. The site loads perfectly fine from a phone and works as intended without any lag. This is especially noticeable when live betting. This feature works so smoothly and it really makes the XBet mobile experience whole.
✅Well-built mobile sports betting app
✅Quick and error-free live wagering experience
❌Free-play bonuses are pretty meh across the board
❌Casino platform could use more games
Choosing The Best Sports Betting App In Nevada
Look, we can’t hand-pick the Nevada betting app to use for you. All we can do is tell you to make an informed decision based on what you most want out of an app. Here are some of the most important features to consider:
- Betting menu quality: you want an app that can be as an all-in-one betting solution. Byt that, we mean that it carries odds for every single sport you’re interested in betting. Moreover, you want these odds offered a bettor-friendly prices (not lopsided lines). This goes for every type of line too, whether its spreads or moneylines or props or parlays.
- Bonuses and promotions: free money to bet with never hurt anybody. If an app has killer deals, that just makes the betting experience extra sweeter.
- Live betting features: this is a MUST-HAVE feature these days as more and more bettors gamble in-play rather than just pregame. The app must be mobile-friendly enough to support live wagering.
Here are a few sites that check the above boxes. As you can see, there’s some overlap with the apps we mentioned before:
How To Bet With Offshore Apps In Nevada
You can set up to start betting at a Nevada offshore app in a few short minutes. Here’s exactly how:
1. Choose your favorite Nevada sportsbooks. We’ve already told you what to look out for, now it’s on you to find what suits your needs.
2. Sign up for one of those recommended Nevada sportsbooks using our links in the table. The online sports sign-up process is simple and quick!
3. Choose your payment method to fund your account (crypto is the cheapest and fastest option) AND redeem the sign-up bonus that accompanies this first deposit.
4. Scroll through the sportsbook menu until you find sports wagers worth putting money on and size your wager accordingly,
5. “Run up the score” until you want to withdraw money. You can head to the cashier section to request a payout by whatever method they support,
Betting Apps Resources
- Best Betting Apps in the USA
- Best Betting Apps in California
- Best Betting Apps in Florida
- Best Betting Apps in Texas
- Best Betting Apps in Alabama
- Best Betting Apps in Michigan
- Best Betting Apps in Las Vegas
- Best Betting Apps in Iowa
- Best Betting Apps in Illinois
- Best Betting Apps in Rhode Island
- Best Betting Apps in Tennessee
- Best Betting Apps in Virginia
- Best Betting Apps in Oregon
That just about covers it. You should know the “lay of the land” for online sportsbooks in Nevada. Now it’s on you to go get an app and to place bets on NBA, NHL, MLB, Super Bowl, college football, or any other sporting events!