- Extremely reliable and consistent every step of the way.
- Great variety on sports AND racing.
- Experienced customer service team.
Notes from the Editor
If you have followed sports for a long period of time, you’ve seen fly-by-night stories of success pop up every now and again. Certain teams or players that usually aren’t elite jump up and for a small period of time seemingly conquer the world. However, more often than not the same well run organizations, and same established superstars dominate their events. There is a reason we consistently watch the same players and clubs compete for championships, they have the most tradition, history, money, dedication, the best management, and best players. William Hill fits in the second group. While other sportsbooks pop up offering great promotions or jump into the fray with an exciting new website, William Hill is consistently at the top of the industry. In business for over 80 years, with branches around the world, and over two million online users, they are the industry standard for reliability and consistently good experiences.
William Hill bonuses
- Sign-up bonus: 3x £10 Free Bet after first £10 bet. (Canada: 100% up to $100)
- Reload bonus: None
- Refer-a-friend: £50 per referral after their first deposit
- Casino: 100% up to £300
Nobody would call William Hill’s promotions the most over-the-top in the business. They certainly give you a few morsels to make your time worthwhile, but there is an understanding that the sportsbook is well run and reliable and they do not need to resort to gimmicks. They offer a handful of promos that are fun and potentially profitable with most of the incentives geared towards mobile wagering. Mobile bettors that place a five-team or more football accumulator wager get their money refunded if all but one of their teams is a winner. In the event of a 0-0 match, William Hill will refund losing correct score wagers and double result bets on that match as a free bet. If you bet on what player will score the first goal in a match, and he tallies the second goal instead of the first, they’ll refund your losing wager. They have an 11 for 10 Yankee program. For every £1 Yankee placed on mobile, they will give you £1 back regardless of any returns essentially eliminating the juice. Finally, with the ponies, if you bet on a horse that wins by 10 or more lengths, you earn an extra 10-percent on your bet.
The Free Bet bonus offer for William Hill is for new customers only. 18+. Additional terms and conditions apply which are available on their web site.
- Minimum deposit: $10
- Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Eurocard, Debit Card, Apple Pay, Entropay, Astropay, Qiwi, NETeller, PayPal, Skrill, WebMoney, Yandex, Prepaid cash card, iCheque, Payr
- Supported currencies: USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD, DKK, SEK, JPY, SGD, HKD, CHF
Starting your account is really simple. William Hill has plenty of options including major credit cards, PayPal, Skrill (Moneybookers), Neteller, bank transfers, wires, and even checks. Most deposit methods are free of charge. Upon putting cash in your account it is available immediately. They accept a dozen or more currencies.
It is really up to the customer how quickly they withdraw funds. Payment via major credit cards takes between three and five business days as do bank wires. A check takes about two weeks. Immediate payment is available through CashDirect, Neteller, and Skrill. PayPal and others offer one-day payments. William Hill is professional and receiving your money is not a problem
- Service hours: 24/7
- Live chat: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish, German, Greek, French, Polish, Russian
As you would expect from a company that prides itself on professionalism, their customer service is attentive and available. With troubleshooting available via phone 24/7 in more than a half dozen languages, calling is the quickest way to get answers to your questions. They also have email, live chat, fax, and postings on their website as ways to get help. Usually, questions can be answered quickly and by the first customer support person that you chat with. They are eager to make sure their clients are satisfied.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features: William Hill’s mobile app is among the best in the industry. Available for all different types of devices, it offers nearly everything that the website or a betting shop has without being difficult to navigate. If you like horses, their racebook is state-of-the-art. William Hill recognizes that racing handicappers are a hugely valuable segment and whether it be a number of tracks, promotions, or types of bets offered, they make playing the ponies almost like being at the track itself. Poker, casino, bingo, and Vegas-style gaming is also available. While they might not be as comprehensive as many of the sports offerings, they are fun, professional, and a nice extra to have along with arguably one of the most reliable, and most massive sportsbooks in the world.
In one word, what William Hill provides is “complete.” They are a comprehensive book when it comes to betting lines, offerings, analysis, and coverage of games. Their lines tend to be incredibly consistent. They do not alter them dramatically, and that means you always know you are getting strong market value. They have a large variety of games available to bet on including major sports, and niche events. Virtual betting, fantasy games, and different markets are all present.
They have a wide range of exotic wagers and futures available in addition to standard forms of wagering. Their in-play platform is among the largest in the industry, and in fact, you can bet not only spreads and over/unders during a game, but selected exotics too. William Hill is incredibly comprehensive when it comes to the streaming of events. Before games get underway, you can get previews, statistics, and opinions about what will take place. Their WHTV service allows you to watch a vast number of events in both primary and minor sports. They also offer radio service with tidbits about upcoming races and events, and play-by-play as they take place. This is incredibly valuable for those interested in live betting, not to mention a way to keep up-to-date when you are on the go.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: UI has a slightly outdated look but still very easy to understand.
- Mobile betting: Both the iOS/Android apps and optimized site are the best on the market, massively user-friendly.
As you’d expect for a site running this long, the UI is slightly outdated but the simple and clear layout means you’ll have no issues understanding. On the mobile side, William Hill’s mobile apps and optimized site are one of, if not the best on the market today. Extremely well set up, simple and user-friendly.
- Location: Gibraltar
- Established year: 1934
*All bonus offers have different Terms & Conditions. Visit the operator’s web site for full details.