- “Reduced juice” betting lines available.
- Unique features, and variety of sports betting options.
- Reliable customer service.
Notes from the Editor
5 Dimes has been around since 1999 and has become popular among big bettors thanks to its “reduced juice” offerings.
That aside, often overlooked is what a well-rounded sportsbook option it is, offering great betting variety, unique features, and terrific customer service.
- Signup bonus: 50% up to $520.
- Reload bonus: Up to $500 in Free-Play.
- Refer-a-friend: 20% of friend’s first deposit up to $1000.
- Casino: 50% up to $125.
When you make your first deposit at 5Dimes, you will have to decide between the 50% freeplay bonus (which is given gradually as you inch closer to the 10X rollover requirement) OR the aforementioned Reduced Juice, which is available on the day of the event for as long as you’re a 5Dimes client.
To give an idea of how that works: at most sportsbooks you are given -110 lines on a football, basketball, or baseball bet, which means that you have to bet $110 to win $100. With the reduced juice bet however, the lines are -105. This means you would only have to bet $105 to win 100. If you’re doing any kind of serious betting, this can save you hundreds over the course of a season, let alone your lifetime with the company. If this sounds like your style, you can see how 5Dimes is a very attractive option.
- Minimum deposit: $50
- Payment options: Visa, Bitcoin, Person-to-Person Transfer, Check, Money Order, Sportsbook Transfer, Person 2 Person
- Supported currencies: USD, BTC
5Dimes attracts some bigger clients, and in order to keep them they’ve had to offer a variety of easy deposit options. From Visa, to cashiers cheques and money orders, even person-to-person transfers – there’s a way for you to fund your account however suits you. If you use Skrill Moneybookers, Neteller, or Instadebit, those are available as well, and their customer service team will help sort everything out for you.
Their list of payout options is pretty similar to their deposit options which is always a good thing, and part of their customer service commitment means you get your winnings in a reasonable amount of time. They’ve never tried to give us the run around here, and we’ve been hard pressed to find any legitimate complaints in online forums.
- Service hours: 24/7
- Contact number: 1-800-40-5896
- Live chat: Yes
- Languages: English & Spanish
Early in 5Dimes existence they gained a reputation of providing some of the best customer service. Today they still live up to the accolades.
Phone service is available all day every day, and they seem keep the call center well staffed with knowledgeable representatives. Even during peak periods, the only reason you might not be able to get through to someone almost immediately is if the phone line was tied up – and they actually provide a secondary phone number as a backup in case that should happen.
If you prefer, you can also reach them by live chat or email. In our experience, emails have been answered within minutes.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features: We mainly cover the sportsbook aspects in our reviews here, but we should mention that all of 5Dimes offerings bring something interesting to the table. The racebook offers 10% bonus payouts on winnings at the major tracks, as well as a 9% rebate on lost bets. The “bonus casino” features some of the best odds online (verified by external auditors) as well as cool live dealer table games. The poker room has some unique features as well, including timed tournaments and 32-card poker – which basically takes out the worst cards and makes every hand more exciting. 5Dimes has put some thought into every extra service they’ve added.
In addition to the reduced juice feature mentioned earlier, the 5Dimes sportsbook offers a lot of unique betting options. They have good selection of odds and props on any sport you can think, many of them are available early, and with a variety of ways to bet on each. One betting feature I really liked is the “open parlay”, which lets you start a multi-game parlay one week and adding to it the next. This allows you to take your time and parlay games you feel really confident about, rather than flipping a coin to max it out in one betting day.
I should add that this sportsbook is for sports fans first and foremost. Occasionally they’ll have some entertainment props – they currently have Oscars, for example. But as a rule 5Dimes does not focus on the novelty current events prop bets that some other books are known for.
5Dimes Sportsbook also has a mobile version to allow you to easily bet from your smartphone. Both the mobile and the regular versions of the sportsbook are very simple and lack the flashy graphics that some other books use. This can be an advantage when you’re trying to load the site quickly on a busy Sunday, but it can add a bit of a learning curve for those new to online betting.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: Slightly older UI makes it slightly more difficult than the bigger sites.
- Mobile betting: Optimized site, no iOS or Android app though.
Plain, outdated interface, could do with a facelift. While site is mobile optimized, it’s also pretty outdated and harder to use than some of the more popular mobile betting platforms.
- Location: Costa Rica
- Established year: 2000