- Unique “free bet” no rollover bonuses.
- Great selection of props and futures.
- Half price NFL lines on Fridays.
Notes from the Editor
Just because you’ve been in business since 1996 doesn’t mean you have to keep doing the same old thing, and Sportsbook.ag, once known as Sportsbook.com, is definitely not afraid of trying new things. Providing just about every feature you’d want in a sportsbook, and throwing in some of the most unique promotions out there, shows that they are committed to becoming more than just an easy to remember name.
- Signup bonus: 100% up to $500.
- Reload bonus: 20% up to $500 (Fridays only).
- Refer-a-friend: $50 per referral after their first deposit.
- Casino: Free token worth 100% of your first casino bet, up to $50. (35x rollover).
- Loyalty program: Monthly payback of 1% on your bets up to $500 and 0.5% over $50.
Some sportsbooks have a big shiny percentage showing off their initial deposit bonus. This percentage will inevitably come with unwanted baggage in the form of a rollover requirement – usually, you have to bet the total amount of your deposit between 4 and 10 times (depending on the bonus) before you get your free cash. Sportsbook.ag’s current bonus, in a nutshell, is make your first bet and get another one free. No rollover, just bet smart and you get to keep your winnings. They also have bonuses for playing in the casino for the first time and trying out their racebook and mobile app.
This is different than most books that offer a bonus based on your first deposit and not your first bet. This can be both good and bad, but if $100 is more than you’d normally bet, make sure you put it on a game that you consider to be a lock! Also, like all bonuses there are restrictions. For example, your bonus bet can’t have odds below -200 or above +10,000. I have a feeling that if you didn’t follow those requirements to a T you’d lose out on the bonus, so be careful.
As well as bonuses, they offer promotions like half-price lines on Fridays for football and basketball betting, which is, again, something that not all books are doing.
In addition to all that, they offer reload bonuses and a good amount of contests including twitter bets, bracket contests, mock-drafts, and more.
- Minimum deposit: $5
- Payment options: Visa, Bitcoin, Skrill, Bank Transfer
- Supported currencies: USD, BTC
Sportsbook.ag claims to offer “the highest credit card acceptance rate in the industry,” so it’s very likely that your Visa will be processed right online and you’ll be on your way to playing – we certainly did not have a problem). They also offer a super low $5 minimum initial deposit, so if you’re new to betting and just want to dip your feet in the water you’re welcome to try it out here (just remember that their bonus offer is only on your first bet). They also have cash transfer options, which you can call them or live chat them to set up any time any day.
Each customer is allowed to make one withdrawal per month without incurring service charges. They offer courier checks, gift cards, or bank transfers. The minimum withdrawal for checks and gift cards is $50 which isn’t bad, and the minimum for bank wire is $500.
Whichever withdrawal method you choose, it should take between 6 and 8 weeks. I find this to be a little slow for me, but at least they’re upfront about it.
- Service hours: 24/7
- Contact number: 877-827-3978
- Live chat: Yes
- Languages: English & Spanish
If you have questions about the bonuses, need help with making a bet, or just want to talk about betting, Sportsbook’s customer service is available 24/7. Not limited to phone or email, they also have online chat – which is handy if you just have a simple question about a feature on the site or need help finding something. In our experience, wait times have been consistently tolerable and the staff is relatively knowledgeable, though maybe not as personable or welcoming as some other books.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features: Another thing that not all early-era books do is allow you to play all of their services in one account. Sportsbook.ag offers racebook, casino, poker, and of course sports – all from the same wallet. This is handy and probably ends up saving you money, although it can be tempting to blow your big parlay winnings on the blackjack tables. Having separate bonuses for each is also rare, especially when it’s all one account, but that is what you get with their free bet offers. That definitely gives you incentive to try your hand at casino games or horse racing. (my advice is to save the horse race betting for ones that are actually televised – much more entertaining) The casino is fairly decent and is available as instant online “flash” casino, or a full-fledged download software. I can’t say I’ve ever downloaded the software – I try to save my money for sports betting and don’t need to be tempted by an icon on my desktop – however, the flash casino is good enough if you have no desire to be wowed by graphics while playing cards.
Sportsbook’s sportsbook is everything you would expect from the name. They offer lines on anything you could hope for, including lots of futures and prop bets. For big events like Super Bowl they really go crazy with hundreds of props. They also do a variety of bet types including round robins and if-bets.
I already mentioned that they offer half-price lines on Friday– this means that the line is -105 instead of -110, which can add up over the season if you remember to make your football and basketball bets on Friday. They also offer 10 cent baseball lines.
The one disappointment here is that you have to log in to the site in order to see their odds. It’s not a huge deal, but personally, as I have accounts at several books and like to quickly browse for the best line on a particular bet. The fact that they keep everything under wraps also makes me wonder if they’re tweaking the lines for pro bettors. The sportsbook, in general, could stand to be a little bit more user-friendly as well.
They offer a mobile site, which lets you bet on sports easily from any smartphone. It’s an excellent feature to have and makes it all the more tempting to do last minute betting.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: One of the clearest and easiest-to-use interfaces I’ve seen
- Mobile betting: Website is very well optimized for mobile. No iOS or Android app
Sportsbook.ag offers one of the cleanest and intuitive UIs around. Perfect for beginners. Their mobile site is also very well optimized for all devices.
- Location: Antigua & Barbuda
- Established year: 1996