Top Bet Review
- Friendly, attentive customer service.
- Excellent credit card processing.
- Deposit bonuses among the top in the industry.
Notes from the Editor
TopBet is one of the newest entrants to the online sports betting world, but has been able to quickly climb the ranks and establish itself as a top online sportsbook. This is no small feat in this competitive online environment but, after some growing pains and initial stumbles, I’ve gotta say I’m impressed.
Top Bet bonuses
- Signup bonus: 100% up to $1000
- Reload bonus: 10% Free Play
- Refer-a-friend: 25% up to $250
- Casino: $5 Free Play
- Loyalty program: 10% rebate on weekly casino losses.
They’ve got one of the nicest initial deposit bonuses around right now as well as some unique special offers in the mix.
In addition, their first bet guarantee is an exclusive promo for MTS readers. Go big and make whatever spread or total wager for your first bet after joining and they will refund you if you lose in the form of a free play credit – up to $100. And this is on top of your regular deposit bonus. Just enter Promo Code: MTSREFUND when you sign up at Topbet. The MNF $10 free bet isn’t a bad touch either — all you need to do is pick the player you think will get the first 1st down in the MNF game. Always worth a wager…
- Minimum deposit: $50
- Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Check, Bank Transfer
- Supported currencies: USD, BTC
I can’t say this for some other sportsbooks, but I have never had a single problem funding my account with TopBet. No server issues, no delayed credit card processing issues, nothing. And if I need to fund my account half an hour before kickoff, this is all I care about.
If you don’t want to deposit by credit card (Visa and Mastercard), you can also transfer your money into your account. It’s not as quick as using plastic, but it’s there if you need (or prefer) it.
This is another area in which TopBet has improved since their launch. After they ironed out the initial kinks in their processing system (and hired more staff to handle everything), they’ve been on top of that which is most near and dear to sports bettors — getting paid.
Frankly, I’m quite surprised comparing TopBet to some of the older and more established sportsbooks. Why can’t some of these old boys get it together and give us our winnings quickly when we want them? Their loss I guess, because top notch sportsbooks like TopBet are there to fill the gap.
- Service hours: 24/7
- Contact number: 1-877-528-6748
- Live chat: No
- Languages: English & Spanish
This is one of the areas in which TopBet has really made huge strides in quality. After some initial growing pains (and short staffing) in their early days, they’ve come a long way and now have what I’ve found to be the most attentive and available customer service. While live chat is not offered, phone support has been top notch in my experience and non-urgent email inquiries are still responded to in a friendly and timely manner.
- Live betting: Yes
- Additional features:Like most sportsbooks, you don’t just get sports with TopBet. They’ve also got a casino going with your usual selection of table games. There are some decent freeroll and small buy-in tournaments (blackjack in particular) you can get into.Otherwise, there aren’t a lot of other options for you to win money. TopBet doesn’t have a poker room or racebook so card players and OTB bettors should look elsewhere. Does it matter to me? No. This is a sportsbook review site after all.
TopBet is geared straight at the US sports betting fan, and this is highly reflected in their sports selection. If you’re looking for a big focus on international sports like cricket and the like, make sure you’ve got an account at another book. I don’t bet these sports, so their absence doesn’t have any impact on me.
You get all the bet types you need with straight bets, parlays, teasers, if bets, reverses, round robins, props, and more.
They’ve got solid odds and lines and, if you like betting parlays and teasers, you’ll get a kick out of their Friday Night parlay and teaser special.
Website UI and UX
- Ease of use for betting: Excellent UI, very slick and functional
- Mobile betting: Mobile version manages to be even better than on desktop. No iOS/Android apps.
One of the slickest and most user-friendly interfaces I’ve found. As a day-in day-out sportsbook, TopBet also has an excellent mobile product. It looks good, moves quickly, and it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out how to use it. That said, there is nowhere close to enough live wagering available. It is 2016, and the industry is evolving. What TopBet does, they do well, but their offerings as a game is being played are very limited. The casino runs smoothly though not spectacularly on your phone, there are no significant problems, but the graphics can be inconsistent depending upon your connection strength. Their excellent selection of props and futures are easily accessible on your mobile device.
- Location: Curacao
- Established year: 2000